Thursday, April 16, 2009

Trying out solids!


Well, Aiden is almost 6 months, so I decided to try out some rice cereal last night. I mixed it up with some breastmilk. It was very runny, just for him to taste. As I was feeding it to him it seemed that it was getting runnier and runnier. Well it turns out breastmilk has an enzyme in it that breaks down carbohydrates. That stuff is amazing!

Well, feeding him, I think he still has the tongue thrust reflex. He took a couple of spoonfuls and then decided he was done. I guess this will be a slow process. I am using Happy Bellies brown rice cereal. It is supposed to be better for them than just the regular rice cereal that really provides no nutrition for him. I think adding solids is going to be a slow process! But hopefully it will get more fun when we add in veggies and fruits! He looks so cute in his high chair, and did very well in it.

Also, I have a Sustainablebabyish bamboo fitted for night time, I first got a medium and thought it might be too small for him. So I bought one in a large and the large is too big! I think I just need to get used to cloth diapering. Which means I need more! Hopefully my state tax refund will come soon and I will be able to get enough for us to diaper full time.

No comments:

Post a Comment